Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Always a Day Late

So I think you guys just need to get used to me posting about yesterday today. Did that make any sense? I have made it a bad habit to post every other day. What can I say? I’m having fun and there isn’t always time to blog before bed.

I know I promised pictures last time but… it turns out that the folk festival is next week, the same time as the baseball game. Did I tell ya’ll about that? No, ok well there is a baseball game where the missionaries are singing the national anthem at so we are going to watch for FHE next Monday. In other words I probably won’t be taking pictures of the folk festival… Sorry. Also, I might have misplaced my camera. I need to find it soon because I’m pretty sure that I’m gonna go to the CMA music fest this week. Yay, I love country music and I’m so excited.

I can’t tell ya’ll how much I love it here at Beckwith Interiors. I can’t believe I’m half way through my internship and I don’t want it to end. Its not fun having to be a responsible adult and having to go back home to make money so that I can pay for an apartment, food, school, etc. Every day I seriously think about moving here more and more. I love that even though what we do here is very serious, the people at Beckwith Interiors are so laid back and chill. It makes work feel very comfortable. And isn’t that how it should be?

The main project I worked on yesterday was trying to figure how to get a product specified. Lauren called and asked that we do some research on other companies to see how they specify their products. She also wanted to know you got a product specified so that it was official. We weren’t sure exactly what she meant by this but we assumed she was asking about product testing. Oh I forgot to tell you, we got our last intern yesterday. Her name is Deidre, and so when I say we, I mean me and Deidre. Anyways we searched and searched. I can’t tell you how hard it was.  Finally we decided to send a bunch of random stuff to Lauren and asked her to go over it fast and give us a direction to go in because we really weren’t sure what she was looking for. I hope some of the info helps, because if not we are going to have to start all over again. I priced some coral sculptures for a client, helped find a chandelier for another… and even though these weren’t big projects for the most part, I loved yesterday because it felt like I was being productive.

Girl’s night was fantastic as usual and we are soooo happy that Bentley is gone. Honestly I don’t know what makes people think that they can treat others like that. What makes you so special that you can mess with people’s emotions and not care what it does to them? I know that the Bachelorette is a TV show and it not real and it’s all scripted and stuff… but I really felt for Ashley. Its ok girl, any of us would have fallen for it, heck I did… over and over. This episode and the whole Bentley issue really hit close to home {those who know me best will know exactly what I’m talking about}.  I really love the friends I have made here. It is going to make leaving Nashville a lot harder.

Today at Beckwith Interiors has been really chill again. Almost too chill, haha. We are all caught up with projects so there isn’t much to do. Jamie will be back tomorrow so hopefully we will get a whole new list to work on.
I got to learn a little about horticulture today. Haha from now on I’m gonna call Martin the Orchid Whisper. We had water the plants and while we were doing this he taught us the best ways to take care of them, and where to put them so that the plants would grow best {for example orchids will grow best when place at an east facing window}. I also learned about auras… yes you heard right auras. Haha we talk about the weirdest stuff here. It’s always a good time here for sure… “It is what it is”!

I know I have never talked about it before but there is a first time for everything… today for lunch I had sushi. It has been for. ev. er. since I have had sushi. Mmmm I love it. Spicy tuna is delicious. Tracy (and Mckenna is you come) when you get here we need to find a sushi place and go eat! I’m hoping to go Downtown soon so I can take pictures. I really hope that the CMAs work out. Well guys that’s it for today. If something else happens between now and the time I get home I will write a little blurb before I go to bed. If not, I’ll see ya’ll tomorrow.


0 comments:

Post a Comment