Recent Posts

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Teacher from Charlie Brown

Memorial day was a blast. Well the end of it was anyway. It was so nice to sleep in till noon and waste the rest of the day. I went exploring a little bit and then headed out to the ward BBQ. I. Got. So. Lost! One second I’m on the highway and the next I’m in down town Nashville (the scary part). I have no idea where I am, there are no mountains or landmarks helping me know which way is north or south… Oh my heck I’m gonna get car jacked and killed I just know it. After about 45 minutes, I finally find the highway again, and eventually I find the right exit, and immediately… take a wrong turn and somehow get right back on the highway. Once again I have no idea where I’m headed (no mountains thing again), and I’m just waiting look up and see a sign that says “Welcome {back} to Kentucky. Oh jeez! I’m glad to say that I eventually found where I was going, and that that is an experience that I never want to have again, although I’m sure it will happen a time or two more, before I head back to Utah. It must have been divine revelation when Brigham decided to build the city on a grid system. For real, navigation in Utah is so much easier. Just find “whatever North” and “over there East” and you got your destination. None of this Harding place, I mean Harding Drive, or was it Harding Blvd, Harding Street?… uh? I think its time to invest in a GPS! Haha anyways, rant over! The BBQ was fun though. There are so many talented people here in Nashville. There were about 100 people there on that little deck, and people just passed around their guitars, banjos (yeah you heard right), mandolins… and everyone sang and jammed out. It was one of the coolest experiences I have ever had. My friend Anna sang a song that perfectly defined my year last year. I will have to get the lyrics so I can share them with you. Really, it was an amazing night. The drive home was much like the drive there but this time I knew my exit and so I made it back alright… just a little later than I had planned.

The rest of this week so far {I know its only Wednesday}, has been like the teacher from Charlie Brown. You know, wah wah wah wah wah… (does that ring a bell at all Britt?) Not much has happened and its just been super chill. The highlight of yesterday was girls night, where we watched the bachelorette. That’s about it.

I don’t know if it was because we were all so tired or if it was just something in the air, but today just seemed to drag on, but at the same time it went by so fast. I really hope that tomorrow (or today depending on when you read this) is a lot more interesting because I was seriously falling asleep. I helped find some sconces for another project, worked on another press release list {I know… wah wah wah}, went to target to buy a iPod charger for the office, and helped roll a couple of rugs when really, Martin did most of it.  Like I said, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Institute tonight was so fantastic. As I sat there I was just kicking myself because all I could think about was… if institute is this awesome, why haven’t I been going since I graduated from seminary in high school. You heard me right mom, I am enrolling in institute this year. I wish that I hadn’t wasted all that time.

Well I know that this hasn’t been my most interesting post to read, but “it is what it is” {apparently this is the “mission statement” for Beckwith Interiors}. Hopefully, if I get some good sleep so tomorrow I’ll be a little more into it… or something like that. So, I’m headed to bed early. Have a good night ya’ll and I’ll see you soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment