Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Beauties of Photoshop

So it’s been a little while, but don’t worry you didn’t miss much. Work on Friday and yesterday was really good as usual. Friday I went to the warehouse, and put together over 300 info packets. It took us all day, but it was surprisingly fun. Deidre and I had planned on ordering a pizza for lunch, and when Lauren found out she decided she wanted some too, so we all got Mellow Mushroom. Utah! I cannot tell you how amazing this pizza was. We ordered the Magical Mysteries Tour, which is a pesto base pizza and crust with button and Portobello mushrooms, Mozzarella, Spinach, Feta, and Jalapenos. I know it sounds a little weird, but it was the most delicious pizza I have ever had. I wish I could bring Mellow Mushroom home to Utah. Friday night and all weekend were actually pretty boring. I didn’t get to go to the CMA fest like I wanted to but that’s ok {I’ll just have to go next year}. Church was good on Sunday, which was basically my highlight of the weekend. Its ok though, not every weekend can be a party right?

Yesterday was pretty good though. I white washed a client’s brick home… *Cricket, cricket* haha no I’m just kidding. We have a client with a beautiful home, and they have built on a couple of times, but now it looks like a hodge podge with all the woods, the copper, stucco and the red brick, etc. We affectionately nicknamed it “the hot mess”.  Don’t get me wrong, it really is so beautiful, but it could looks so much better which is why they came to us! The client wanted to make the home look a little more cohesive, but they didn’t know what to do to it. Samantha and Jamie recommended white washing the brick so that the red didn’t contrast with the rest of the home. They didn’t like that at all, because once you paint or white wash brick, you can’t undo it. Samantha asked Deidre and I to put the pictures of their home into Photoshop and “white wash” it, and make any changes that we think it needed, so hopefully we could talk the owner into it. Sometimes clients can’t picture the concepts in their heads and so they will reject it, but if they can see what the designers are thinking with a Photoshop image or a computer rendering, most of the time we can talk them into it. So Deidre and I put a white film over the brick to make it look like it had been washed. We painted the white columns a darker grey, so they would stand out against the white was. The green shutters were also painted the same grey as the columns; add a few more touches in a couple more places and the house looked so good! I wish I could show ya’ll the pictures. Just take my word for it.

Last night I went to the Nashville Sounds baseball game. I forgot how much I love watching baseball. I don’t love to play it but I will watch it! I had so much fun. It was Mormon night, where a huge group of Later Day Saints came to the game and watched the missionaries here in Nashville sing the National Anthem. Apparently there was a group of about 10 elders who literally walked off the planes, got their bags, got into a cab and came straight to the game. Haha welcome to Nashville, and surprise! ... You get to sing the National Anthem with us. They got there a few minutes before showtime and as they walked onto the field they got a huge standing ovation. For reals though… WELCOME TO NASHVILLE!  I think I will have to go to another game before I go home. Maybe it was just the people I was with but it was a lot of fun. Well that’s about all for now but I will be better about writing. See ya’ll soon.







Tracy I find you in Cali along the highway, in Nashville playing for the opposing time, makes me want to say "where in the world is Tracy Lee Pah- ahz! Yeah!"

Love the Scoreboard


0 comments:

Post a Comment