Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

High Powered… Nail Filer?

Sunday night I went over to Anna’s boyrfriend’s house (named Tristan) to help her set up his surprise birthday party. Haha she was so cute because she was so anxious and wanted it to be perfect for him. I only hope to feel that way about someone someday. It turned out fantastic and he was super surprised. I had to leave early because I had to work early yesterday…

We had to be to Kenny and Co. by 8am, and when you are used to not having to be to work till nine and therefore don’t get up till 8(ish) every morning… having to be somewhere by 8 makes you sooooooooo tired. But Kenny and Co was fantastic. Its located in The Gulch near Downtown Nashville. It’s the first LEED certified neighborhood in Nashville, very contemporary, and so cool. Price range form $2000 to who knows what {because I could only find prices for The Velocity, but none for the Icon or the Mercury View Lofts}, but in a couple of years its going to be the cool place to live… and one day I’m gonna live there too.  Oh man, I cant wait!

Anyways Kenny and Co. has some really incredible stuff. I couldn’t take pictures of Waterworks but visit their website and look around for a minute. As for the rest… enjoy. I think it’s all delicious!














 








Today I went to the warehouse. I love the Jamie Beckwith Collection and I love getting to see the process of how this product is made.  Once again I cant begin to tell all of you how grateful I am for all that I have experienced this last 6 weeks. We got to play with stain and a belt sander. I like to call it a high powered nail filer. My nails have been sanded down and… boo! I don’t think it’s a good look for me haha. Deidre and I did a whole three group of block before it ws realized that the water based stain JBC used made the blocks raise and so the saw marks showed up and… well basically all the work we did, will have to be done again because they needed to find a way to make the marks go away before we can continue. So they sent us to the office until they can fix the problem. Before we went to the office, they asked us to drop off all the packets from last week at the post office. Right about then, it began to pour and let just say I am soooo glad that I took the time to straighten my hair today because by the time I got to my car and to the post office and got the box full of packets into the post office and back to my car…. I looked like a hot mess, or a wet dog. Take your pick, haha.

At the office there wasn’t much for us to do, so we finished working on the music playlist for the most part. It was a good time because some of the music… oh my goodness I laughed and laughed. So bizarre, but oddly fun. We also found out that Martin had some of the most random ways you could torture someone. Haha every time a song came on that we didn’t like he would say something like “get rid of it… I don’t want people to beat me up in the parking lot with two by fours,” or “I felt like pouring hot wax down my ears”. Also the music he would play if he were ever to torture some one would be “Paper Planes” by MIA. He really really doesn’t love that song. Good times at Beckwith Interiors. Well tomorrow I’m headed back to the warehouse and hopefully we will be able to get the orders done. I will see ya’ll soon.



0 comments:

Post a Comment