Recent Posts

Sunday, June 5, 2011

I Love Warm Rain


Saturdays are becoming so much more fun now that I have friend to hang out with. Anna and Brooke took me to downtown Franklin, where we had lunch and just walked around and looked at all the shops. Downtown Franklin is the cutest little area. So charming. I completely forgot my camera and I was so mad at myself because I want you all to see it. I will have to steal the ones Anna took and put them up. Tracy, when you get here I will have to take you there because I really think that you would love it. It was so hot though. I think it was 97 degrees and it’s a humid hot, not the dry sort of heat we get in Utah, and I was wearing jeggings. Ew! After I got back to the Nelsons I was so tired from the heat that I took like a 3 hour nap. Haven’t done that in a while. At about 9:00 I went to Brooke’s parent’s home where we had a little “party”. Their house is so incredible. I absolutely loved it. There were a ton of people who came over and I have made more new friends which I love, naturally. {I met a girl who went to my same high school, played soccer for the same coach, and basically knows everyone that I do. She is absolutely adorable and I’m excited to play soccer with her this Saturday} I had so much fun but I went home earlier than I was planning because out of no where… I had the worst headache ever! The people at work have told me I’m probably allergic to something out here and that’s why I keep getting headaches. I should probably look into that if I’m going to move out here (which I'm seriously thinking about).

Today was just really chill. Church was amazing as usual and I really love the people here. I don’t want my time to end so soon. Coming out of church, all of the sudden it was pouring buckets. Thunder storms can come from nowhere here, where one second it’s nice and sunny and the next you are just soaked. But the good thing about it is 80% of the time, the rain is warm. Who wouldn’t love that? The bad news is, with every thunderstorm comes the possibility for lightning which is extremely dangerous here. At one point the thunder was so loud that I thought someone had shot off a shotgun right outside of my window. I jumped out of my skin haha.

Well tomorrow is day one of week four. I hope that my last few weeks here are so amazing.  Have a good night ya’ll and I’ll see you soon.

Ps. Tomorrow for FHE we are going to Centennial Park, which is where the Parthenon is, for some folk festival or something like that. I’ll be sure to bring my camera. Then its girl’s night with the Bachelorette. Its gonna be a good episode because Bentley is going home, at least I hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment