Recent Posts

Friday, June 3, 2011

Hump Day

Today was the last day of my third week. You know what that means… hump day. Only three weeks left. It kinda makes me sad because I don’t want to come back to Utah yet. So as I read over my last post I noticed that it was kinda… negative. I’m sorry for that. I don’t really think that it was “something in the air”, but more my attitude. Yesterday and today were just fine and I think that it’s because I made it that way. I also think that it helped that there was a little more for me to do. Keeping busy always helps right?

My main project for yesterday was a client who wanted “Old world Italian/ Traditional” side tables. I knew I was in for a good time when the first thing Martin told me was (basically) that this was one of those clients we all love to hate. Not that they are a bad client or anything, but sometimes they can make things just a little bit difficult. Oh dear! Next… I don’t know what kind of furniture this client is expecting because when you say Old world Italian, I think…



But the way that her client profile described what she wants, I think…


Which is more French than it is Italian.
So basically we chose a few different pieces to show her and see which one closest matches what she is thinking, and then hopefully we can go from there. Another thing that made this project difficult was that I haven’t been given a budget so I don’t know where I should begin to look. A lot of our furniture vendors can be very pricey. I hope that I can find something that works for her. There were a couple of other things that I worked on… but I can’t remember them. Either I’m super tired again or I guess they weren’t that important. Haha.

Today I got to work on CADD a bunch. That was nice because it’s been a while. Steve if you are reading this, you were right. I am soooo rusty at CADD. It took me hours to do a little project. I need to make sure that I keep working in CADD as well as learn Revit. My project in CADD was creating little displays for some geodes that they want to sell.

I think that they are really simple, but Samantha and Martin seemed to be please with them. Hopefully they will work out for Beckwith Interiors.

After I was done playing with CADD, I got to go on another errand run. First I dropped off tile sample for Ashleigh. Do ya’ll remember about the ottomans we were designing for a client? And I got to help choose fabric for pillows. Well we got the ottomans in yesterday and everything looked great until someone was inspecting them a little before the client came to pick them up and they noticed that one of the legs had a giant chip in them. I had to take it back to the people who manufacture our custom goods so they could fix it. On the way there I took 440 thinking that this would be that fastest way to get there and ran into traffic. Boo!I don’t seem to have very good luck on Nashville highways. On the bright side though, I didn't get lost this time. My last errand was another trip to the Office Depot to get a few more storage boxes for Hannah and Tara because they were trying to reorganize the materials library. They did such a good job and it looks amazing. I can’t wait till they get shelves for the fabric books because then the library will be beautiful! Lastly I rolled a couple of HUGE rugs. Definitely got my work out for the day.

After work we had a birthday party for Lorelei (the Nelson’s daughter). It was a Tinkerbelle themed party and it was absolutely adorable. I will have to still some pictures to show you what we created. Don’t get any ideas but… I can’t wait till I get to plan parties for my little ones. SO fun! Well it’s been a great week and I hope the next three weeks are just as amazing and the first. I hope you all are well and I will see you soon. Have a good night ya’ll.

0 comments:

Post a Comment