Recent Posts

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hurts So Good

Oh my goodness ya’ll, I am soooo exhausted. For the past couple of days I have been going to the Warehouse to sand blocks. The good news is that this time we get to use a machine to do it, the bad news is… well I guess there is no bad news. I love working with the blocks. Let me tell you thought that by the time I got home at night I was sore and covered in sawdust, and oh so tired. We got an order pretty much done on Wednesday, sanded and stained, and then we stated on another project. A HUGE project. I wouldn’t know how big until I got to work today. But I’ll get to that in a minute.

I got home and I was gonna go straight to institute, but I felt so gross that I had to take a shower. Its amazing how just getting clean can totally help you feel better. I’m sad that last night was my last institute lesson here in Nashville {maybe, it depends on what Tracy wants to do next week}. Brother Halverson is absolutely amazing. I wish that I had just taken a tape recorder with me to all the lessons because he just has this way of saying things. I try to write them down, but I’m just not fast enough. He is just a wealth of spiritual knowledge. I only hope that I will be at that level one day. Afterwards I helped put together some EFYSA packets because it happening this weekend. I really wish that I could have gone. I acted as line judge to a couple of volleyball games that got a little bit heated at times, but for the most part is was all just really just fun to watch {I was way too tired to play last night}. By the time I got home and my scriptures read… I lay down in bed and I was out like a light. I really must have be exhausted because I don’t remember having any dreams, which is weird because I have had some pretty bizarre dreams these past couple of weeks. I’ll have to tell you about them sometime.

Anyways… Today, it’s like the block multiplied by 3! There were so many… and by the time 5pm rolled around I was so dead. I also kind of feel like my face has been sunburned even though I have been indoors all day. Maybe its from all the saw dust? Yeah that’s it; my face is raw because of all the saw dust. Thankfully they bought us a second sander because if they hadn’t… man this order would have taken for… ev… er… We were only given maybe a third of the order today (over a thousand blocks easily), and out of that we only got 90% of it done. Don’t judge us… we worked nonstop; there was just so many little blocks. Lauren, Black, and Bill told us we might eventually have nightmares about blocks, and now I believe them! Blocks, blocks, blocks… Haha but I love it. I have had so much fun but I am so sore. I’ll tell you what though… I am going to have them most defined shoulders you have ever seen by the time this is over { which I’m not sure is a good thing for a girl }.

If you don’t think I’m crazy as it is, you will when I tell you that after all of that… I went rock climbing today after work. The little British voice inside my head tried to talk me out of it, but I went anyways and I am so glad I did. I had so much fun and I even got one good climb in, and a whole but of good try’s but eventually my arms and shoulders were so tired that I couldn’t even grip the blocks. I got home and got in the shower because this time… not only was I covered in sawdust but I was also sweaty from the climb {mmm I know, delicious!}. Just lifting my arms to wash my hair took so much effort; come to think of it even typing is making me super tired... Ya’ll, it hurts… but it hurts so good! Haha, well I need sleep so I’m signing off for now. One week from today I leave for Utah and its bitter sweet. See ya’ll soon.

This is only half of the first order. Today's order was 7 boxes full! and remember that's only a third of the order.




0 comments:

Post a Comment